Finally, we have dates for Doctor Who’s 60th Specials. The BBC has revealed Home Media releases for the episodes to celebrate the upcoming anniversary. Fans can get Doctor Who’s 60th Specials on Stellbook, DVD and Blu-ray! The 60th Anniversary sees David Tennant reprise his role as The Doctor and is joined by Catherine Tate as Donna Noble. However, they’ll face off against Neil Patrick Harris as The Toymaker—one of The Doctor’s greatest enemies.
Doctor Who’s 60th Specials officially start in November 2023. “The Star Beast” is set to release on November 25th. Additionally, the second mysterious special of “Wild Blue Yonder” will follow on December 2nd. Finally, “The Giggle” will air on December 9th. Therefore, fans can catch all three Doctor Who 60th Specials on BBC iPlayer and BBC One. Disney+ will be streaming the 60th episodes for those outside of the United Kingdom. Fans can also Pre-Order the specials on Steelbook, DVD and Blu-ray today. They contain a ton of exclusive additional content!
Exclusive Additional Content for Doctor Who’s 60th Specials
The Home Media release of Doctor Who’s 60th Specials will contain exclusive additional content. The following items are available on the Steelbook, Blu-ray and DVD release. The release will feature all three-anniversary special episodes: The Star Beast, Wild Blue Yonder and The Giggle. Additional content includes the following:
- Rachel Talalay’s Scene Breakdown
- Chanya Button’s Scene Breakdown
- Tom Kingsley’s Scene Breakdown
Doctor Who fans will be delighted to know that more “Special Features” will be included. These give an in-depth look into the making of Doctor Who’s 60th Specials. For example, set tours and both behind-the-scenes and commentary selections are included. Both David Tennant and Catherine Tate will have a special feature for their flashbacks of past Doctor Who episodes. The full list of Special Features is as follows:
- The Star Beast Behind The Scenes
- The Fourteenth Doctor Reveal
- Wild Blue Yonder Behind The Scenes
- The Giggle Behind The Scenes
- The Giggle In-vision Commentary
- The Star Beast In-vision Commentary
- David and Catherine’s Flashbacks
- Yasmin Finney Introduces Rose Noble
- Designing the Fourteenth Doctor
- Set Tour with Yasmin Finney
- The Star Beast – Behind The Scenes Trailer
- Wild Blue Yonder – Behind The Scenes Trailer
- The Giggle – Behind The Scenes Trailer
- The Cast Introduce the Villains in ‘Wild Blue Yonder’
- Behind The Scenes Fun with David and Catherine
- Video Diary with David Tennant’s Stand-in
- TARDIS Set Tour with David Tennant and Phil Sims
- Ruth Madeley Introduces Shirley Bingham
- Neil Patrick Harris Introduces the Toymaker
- Becoming the Toymaker
- 60th Specials Recap with David Tennant
Promotion for Doctor Who’s 60th Anniversary is ramping up. Yesterday brought the reveal of each air date for the special episodes. “The Star Beast” is set to release on November 25th. Additionally, the second mysterious special of “Wild Blue Yonder” will follow on December 2nd. Finally, “The Giggle” will air on December 9th. Fans also saw a newly edited trailer for Doctor Who’s 60th Specials. November 1st also brings the Classic Doctor Who episodes to BBC iPlayer. Therefore, Whovians have access to the legacy of the Doctor Who franchise.
Doctor Who will air in November 2023 with three special episodes as the show’s 60th Anniversary headliner event. The first special episode airs on November 25th 2023. David Tennant returns as the 14th Doctor alongside Catherine Tate as Donna Noble. Ncuti Gatwa’s first episode as the Fifteenth Doctor will air over the festive period, while his series 14 will debut in 2024 with Millie Gibson. Disney+ will be the exclusive home for new seasons of Doctor Who outside of the UK and Ireland.